Helix Leisure — United States.
Helix Leisure is one of the world’s leading suppliers to the exciting Out-of-Home Entertainment industry, consisting of theme parks, ski resorts, water parks, video game arcades, bowling, and other destinations people visit for fun and leisure.
Helix Leisure has a network of six full offices around the world in Singapore, Perth, Bath (UK), Dallas, Jakarta, and Dubai to provide on-the-ground support to its global customer base. We supply the market with a full range of products and services consisting of debit card systems, POS and redemption solutions, customer loyalty, booking and ticketing, electronic locker operations, and a full range of amusement and prize-vending games.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Agent for our Dallas, Texas office to help support our growing fleet of customers. The primary role of the Technical Support Agent is to maintain Embed systems for customer locations and to field support calls in a professional and timely manner. Additionally the Technical Support Agent will assist the Installation Team in setup and support throughout the installation process. The Technical Support Agent is accountable for all time and work performed. You will report directly to the Technical Support Manager with secondary reporting line to the Director of Operations and General Manager.
• Assist the information technology requirements of the office including networking, server, workstation installation, routine management and support.
• Liaise with customers, external consultants on integration and support of the company’s products and services while meeting or exceeding our published SLA.
• Be very proficient in the setup, administration and management of the MS SQL Server environment.
• Administer DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and Group Policies.
• Install, maintain, and upgrade hardware (desktops, servers, network components, accessories).
• Perform tests of all preventative procedures and processes (backups, restores, disaster recovery failover and failback, antivirus, and automatic updates).
• Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their use and access of resources on the network.
• Voicemail, email, and telephone support.
• Maintain adequate service levels for company business system users.
• Server and workstation maintenance in customer locations and alternate workstation sites
• Keep informed of new developments in available equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to the software engineers to improve Embed’s products performance, reliability and functionality.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
• Promote and support Embed products and services to existing, new and potential customers.
• Maintain professional contacts with other companies, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Qualifications, Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 and 2012 setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server required with a proven track record of database management, support technologies and techniques.
• Ability to assess and react to rapid technological change.
• Ability to work exceptionally well in a cross functional and team oriented environment.
• Able to effectively handle daily stress levels, complexity, volume and diversity of customer and team member inquiries.
• Must be a people person and be able to professionally deal with different personalities, both internal and external.
• Must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
• Strong written/oral communications at all levels of business required.
• Familiarity with hardware devices such as printers, monitors, touchscreens and motherboards along with troubleshooting and support of device drivers.
• Demonstrated skill with computer networking and understanding of networking architectures.
• Practical knowledge of Visual Basic, .NET and SQL Database management, support technologies and techniques.
• Repair and maintenance of amusement and leisure industry equipment and systems.
• Practical knowledge of computer networking and network protocols.
• MS SQL Certification (desired).
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with the job title in subject field and the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number / Contact information
- Your resume
- Link to portfolio (if applicable)